Monday, March 26, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

The very sweet Alice over at Pins and Needles with other cat things blog gave me a new to me award. Thanks Alice! 

Here are all the details about the Liebster Blog award:

Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition.  The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:

1.  Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2.  Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3.  Post the award on your blog.  List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites.  Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4.  Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.

My 5 blogs with fewer than 200 followers - this was harder than I thought it would be.
Corgi Cottage -  Laurie has beautiful stitching and sweet Corgis. What more could you want?
Karoline's Korner - I love Karoline's blog for the stitching...and well because of where she lives. I dream of going for a visit!
Wooley Thoughts - Melody is a dear friend and I love seeing all her WIPs. I'm lucky and get to see most in person since we don't live too far from each other and are both members of our local EGA.
Tot Hill Farms Stitches - Chris is a fantastic stitcher, plus she makes great pictures of trips she takes.
Knit Kimber Knit - Thought I'd throw in a little yarnie-goodness only blogging. Kim knits and spins. I just love all the colors. Plus she's a collector of sock yarn, love me some sock yarn! I'm not sure how many followers Kim officially has, so she's kind of a wild card.

5 Random Facts about myself: (these are always hard!)
1. I was on a competitive swim team as a teen, before my parents moved me to "the country".
2. I love rabbits/bunnies/hares and really want to own one but never have.
3. I live in Florida but I'm not that fond of the ocean, I'd rather be in the mountains.
4. I collect cookbooks.
5. Sadly I like all the "Housewives" shows. Everyone has their vice.

I keep meaning to share something fun with everyone. Now is as good a time as any since we need some pretty pictures.

Anyone want to take a guess what this is?

Maybe this will help....

The last time I went to my hairdresser she had this for me in her car. The perks of having a hairdresser that also deals in antiques. She figures its from the 70's.  She found it at am estate sale and immediately thought of me so she picked it up for me. I had some cleaning to do, but it turned out nicely. I love it. I put it in my office, which still needs some work to turn it into the office/craft cabana.

I'll leave you with some final pictures and wish everyone a great week!


6 comments:

  1. Grats on the blog award, and the gift. I remember when I was little, twelve or so, my sister wanted a bunny. She whined and complained about it until my parents got her one. Dad made a hutch and she got a black lop whom she named Leo. He was cute, but he pooped all over the house!!! (I've heard you can littebox train them though, so who knows???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa!
    That DMC chest is pretty cool :)
    I prefer the mountains too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award, Teresa--fun to learn more about you. I am a rabbit lover, too--can't get enough of those little creatures (at least the stitched ones!!). What an amazing DMC chest... Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, lucky you to get that DMC cabinet!! Did I tell you my niece now owns a bunny??? Unfortunately, she and the bun are in Guam, so I won't get to see him for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello

    Just found your blog.

    Congrats on your award!

    That DMC cabinet is just great!

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And if you ever, you know, blog again...I tagged you for 11 Things. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...