Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jardin January update



I have plenty of reasons why I haven't posted in a month and a half. Things like Christmas, going to the Champs Bowl game to see my beloved Seminoles play, a trip to Atlanta for some time with friends and for work, then home where I've felt "a little puny" for a few weeks. But those would all be excuses and really no one reading this cares about them. All you care about is pretty pictures of what I've been working on this month.

I had grand plans...GRAND plans, let's review the list.
  • Margaret W Brown 1838
  • Tulip Slip
  • Winter Garden Gate
  • Pansy Garden
  • Wild Woodviolets
  • Antique French Ribbons
  • The new Christmas Stocking
  • Ann Dale
  • Misty Morning Vineyard
  • Anniversaries of the Heart
  • Daughters of Longbourn Hall
  • Mary Corey
Now let's see what I actually managed to accomplish.

When January started Winter Garden Gate looked something like this...
I'm happy to report that I finished it and even managed to take it to the framers where it's currently hanging out. I'm so excited! Since this one was started in 2005 I think it counts not just for Theme-a-licious but also WIPocalypse! I'll have to remember and hopefully show a picture of it framed when it's time for that post in February. See how pretty?

For whatever reason the only other piece that kept calling my name was Ann Dale. I made a start on it Jan. 1 and just kept picking it up. I didn't take it with me to Atlanta, it's a LOT OF FABRIC to travel with, but I'm happy with my progress so far. Most of the ladies in my Sampler Guild are working on this so I'm anxious to see how much progress everyone has made. The colors are so very me, all those reds and greens. This is one that I hope will continue to hold my interest. We'll have to see. I have a bad habit of starting large projects and then loosing interest. Oh who am I kidding, I do that with small projects too. All that "ohhh, look at the new start/project/shiny" gets in my way. But take a look and stick around to see what comes next.


And now comes Fangirl February. A Valentine to our favorite designers. Back in December I had a nice long list of designers I thought would be good candidates. I'm fairly certain at least one of those will make the cut and I might have to pull out something from another favorite. So for now here are the possibilities:

  • Moss Creek Designs - I have plenty of WIPs from Rae I can choose from. Decisions, decisions.
  • Ellen Chester - There are a few that I have in my stash. PLUS the fabric and fiber for Quaker Samplings III came in the mail the other day. Maybe getting a nice start on that is in order.
  • Plum Street Samplers - Again, I have more than a few designs in my stash I can pick from here and some are even kitted up ready to start.
The problem is I have plenty of designers that I would be happy to work on. I could add Blackbird Designs on and work on AOTH, or Mirabilia and work on Christmas Fairy. I'm really going to have to think about it for a day or so and see what feels right. Hopefully I'll do better in February and you'll see an update on the 15th that will show some progress on something. I might even have to pull in some needlepoint for the month! Until then I hope everyone's stitches are perfect!

For those who want to see more about Theme-a-licious and check out The Magic That Is Heather's blog.

11 comments:

  1. I love your finish! Beautiful! And Ann Dale is looking good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter Garden Gate! Happy Dance! Happy Dance!!!

    Nathan says, "Shiny pink elephant is shiny." =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have Winter Garden somewhere in my stash:) your finish looks great.
    Ann Dale is looking great . I like your needle holder bling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish on Winter's gate!! I love that design!! Great progress on Ann Dale. I want to order this pattern too since I have Ann Taylor, and I'm an Anne too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter Garden Gate looks wonderful and congrats on the finish. Looking forward to seeing it framed. Ann Dale looks like a lovely project. Its so hard to limit the chocies for February I found and after much deliberation managed to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW you have flown on Ann Dale - I 've been working on mine here and there but don't have as much as you have shown here. YGG on finishing Garden Gate - hope to see you soon - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see that winter gate framed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you back on the blog! Lookin good! Must have shiny pink elephant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you even finished one of your themed designs. Great! And the progress on the second looks very good as well.
    Good luck with the February theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the finish! It looks great! Love the start on Ann Dale, too. I'm working hard to resist her, though the fact that I already have the linen is making it very hard.

    I can't wait to see what you choose for your theme this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on finishing Winter Gate, it's gorgeous

    Great start on Ann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...