Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting ready for 2012

First a big southern welcome to my new followers. Can't believe I have over 50 now!  I'm sure some of you are finding me because of what this post is all about. Let's hope 2012 brings us lots of stitching time!

It seems I'm in the mood to start making lists for next year. I'm a great one for the making of the lists. I love lists. I even like to cross things off them. The problem comes when I make lists for stitching/knitting/crochet purposes and then aren't able to cross items off. I sometimes get discouraged and in a rut. But still I make them.

So, now I can make lists for Theme-a-licious 2012 and WIPocalypse 2012. The best news is that they aren't mutually exclusive lists and really each month's theme will help me figure out my list of WIPocalypse. I've kind of been throwing some ideas around in my head for Theme-a-licious, especially for January. My problem is do I want to use that challenge to focus on a single project each month or just create a my monthly rotation around the theme? Decisions, decisions. If I were only more like my friend TheresaR I wouldn't have such a problem. Unlike me of the many WIPs, she's a monogamous stitcher.

Here's what I've come up with so far.WIPs for WIPocalypse are noted as well.
Jardin January
  • Margaret W Brown 1838 - I'm using Jean's (of The Attic fame) conversion. (WIP)
  • Tulip Slip - my EGA chapter went together to purchase this as a project this year. We've contemplated doing the finishing in a program in 2012 so this makes great sense.
  • Winter Garden Gate - cuz, well it's SO close to being finished and if I don't get it done by then why not have a nice finish to start the year? (WIP)
  • Pansy Garden - and old UFO from ASG one year (WIP - kinda obvious)
  • Wild Woodviolets - this is a silk gauze piece I bought after a class many years ago. So pretty. (WIP)
  • Antique French Ribbons - since well there are flowers on some of the ribbons!(WIP)
  • My new Christmas Stocking will fit nicely in this catagory.
  • Apparently I wasn't around for the vote but I'm also going to start Ann Dale with my sampler guild friends. (Some friends huh? They wait until I've left to decide we're all going to do the SAL for this sampler!)
  • Misty Morning Vineyard certainly fits into this month and I keep saying I'm going to work on it and finish it before I die. (WIP)
  • Anniversaries of the Heart - because it's another huge project that I want to make progress on in 2012
  • Daughters of Longbourn Hall - see AofH for a reason (WIP)
  • Mary Corey - since I couldn't resist starting it when I bought it and it just is calling to me! (WIP)
Fangirl February (I'm listing the designers I'm going to choose from during the month)
  • Rae Iverson (Moss Creek Designs - who's website is being redone so no link right now)
  • Ellen Chester (With My Needle)
  • Plum Street Samplers
  • Patrick Woods
  • Tony Minieri - cuz I need to make some progress on that class
I'm sure as I look through my stash I'll find some other pretties I could work on. I need to look at ornament kits and see if any fit the bill as well. Let's be reasonable, it's also possible that I'll start picking up something just because it hits my fancy. But looking at the list I've got more WIPs than new starts and even a few UFOs. If I could just finish one or two that would be fantastic. In January I have a nice 3 day weekend planned with my DF Jackie. We went to this same retreat last year. I took way too much to work on. I'm going to try and pare down this year and see what happens...oh who am I kidding, I'll take way too much to do and talk way too much, but at least I'll have a good time!

Any others making plans for next year?

PS - I just looked through this list and thought, "You know....I may just ditch that entire list and do something completely different. It's all going to depend on what I feel like come January."

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a great list!
    I kind of rebel against lists. If I make a list I feel like, ha, I will show you what I think of this list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten about Tulip Slip! I'll take that to retreat and maybe I'll even start it before then.

    It's a great list! I'm really looking forward to Ann Dale and glad I got to payback some enabling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you are going to join us for Ann Dale - we're all crazy to select her and I *KNOW* you are crazy so I knew you'd be in on that big girl BAP. remember our motto - "go big or go home" ! Enjoy the season ! Hugs mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, that's how I used to work. Whatever was screaming the loudest got worked on and everything else was just background noise!! Good luck with your lists!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the lists, I think I know roughly what I want to work on for January's theme but I'm not going to plan too far ahead this year.

    Hope you had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you via Jackies blog Teresa!! Love the blog and yes, I'm a NC southern girl too~~~

    I love your posts and will be following you throughout 2012....

    Happy New Year! Faye

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is something strangely satisfying about making lists, even if you ignore them they are food for thought.

    Good luck on your challenges and what you wish to accomplish in 2012

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, chickie, how many of those gardens have you been playing in this month?? =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...