Saturday, February 12, 2011

Some February Progress

Haven't felt very well, what with the rain (which we really need so I refuse to be too whiny about it), the cold and not being able to take my RA meds for 2 months it's like a perfect storm of pain. But, I have been stitching so we'll cut straight to the pictures.

Since I finished my January goal for DTs Alphabets I jumped right in to February's goal. Haven't quite finished, but I did get a lot done.
 The goal is to finish this single color alphabet before the end of the month. Shouldn't be too hard.

I managed to finish my January goal for AotH finished a little late, but it's done.
Snow Garden completed
I even managed to get the personalization done. I made a couple of changes. The name "Barbara Jean" and the date "1937" is my mom and her birth year. (Oh please, she looks WAY younger than her age so why shouldn't people know how old she is?) The large "J" down in the bottom left is for my DF Jean since her birthday is also in January. Then I added some cousins first initials that have birthdays in January. "A" - Angela (she's married to my sweet cousin Steven), "D" for my cousin David, and the "L" for Lynda Gayle.

I really love how this has turned out so far. It's very "cold" looking, and I know a lot of people don't like this square, but I think it looks great.

Since I finished and didn't want to get up to pick up anything else I started working on February. Here's where I was as of a few days ago.
Valentine Rose as of Feb. 8, 2011
These colors are very yummy! The house will take me forever, but I hope to get it finished by the end of the month. I need to order the month that has the first bonus pattern so I can at least get the border done before I start March. Otherwise I'll be off in my counting I'm sure.

And a peek of how it looks together.
AotH as of Feb. 8, 2011
No new pictures of mom & dad's piece, but I am working on page 2 so the end is in sight. The party isn't going to be until the 20th so I have a bit extra time to get it finished and let my framers have at it.

I haven't been knitting much, but it's NASCAR season again, so there may be a bit more knitting or crochet going on soon. I really need to make a blanket for Victory Junction from the yarn I bought last year. Have enough for two, but I'm not crazy enough to think I'd finish them both this year. I'm thinking crochet since I do that a lot faster. Make squares and then put them together is the plan. More when I figure it out. However, I have been working on a scarf which I need to take a picture of so you can see. Not much to see right now, but I think it will be lovely when finished.

I almost forgot! Head on over to Cranberry Samplers, she's having a give away since she's reached 300+ followers. Make sure you follow her and post a comment to enter. 

12 comments:

  1. Lovely progress on the DT piece and congratulations on finishing Snow Garden! It's funny that people don't like this one, as it's my favourite of the whole series (so far). I don't like any of the others enough to stitch them, but I love this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snow & the cold, and I think it's pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw... thanks for putting my J in your sampler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your DT alphabets look gorgeous. Beautiful colours.

    Love your finished Snow Garden. I really like this block although I must admit I was ready for the colours in Valentine Rose which I started on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - you are flying on your AoTH piece. I have yet to finish Snow Garden - neat that you personalized for Barbar and Jean. Can't wait to see the DT Alphabet - that is one I have resisted ordering but am very drawn (no pun intended) to ! Glad to hear you'll make your goal on the anniversary sampler for your folks.
    Sorry you have been feeling yuck - maybe a week of sunshine and 70's will have you in the 'pink' again- Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on your AofTH piece!!! I'm still on the border of the first block, but it's an optional stitch for me.
    It is indeed NASCAR time. Dedicated weekend time to stitch and knit!!! Yeah - go #14! Saw him on Friday night up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love our progress on AofTH!

    ohhh another NASCAR fan! Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your progress on the DT piece looks great. I have already loved the last picture of the big alphabet you showed in a previous post. It's a great project.
    Anniversaries of the Heart is just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely stiching, great progress on your DT piece and congrats on your snow garden finish, I love this block although i have just restarted it on a different linen colour

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your stitching! Congrats on finishing Snow Garden. I think Valentine Rose is my favorite of the series--love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your WIPs! That Alphabets is a beauty! And AotH is one of my favorites! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great progress on Alphabets and Snow Garden looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...