Saturday, October 23, 2010

Project Saturday

Today was the Saturday put aside to do some more work on the ongoing remodel of our kitchen. Some of you may remember that we got new counter tops a while ago. And by "a while ago" I mean over a year, in fact I don't even know when it happened. There has been more then a few debates on what to use for the back splash and how to finish out the window. Finally a decision was made and today we put the plan in to action. Except we also kind of changed the plan when we got started and thankfully we over bought the amount of glass tiles we'd need.

So, this morning we started with this.
DSCN1430DSCN1428
DSCN1429


And then we started debating where to put the glass tile and where to put the stuff that looks like tin tiles but is really plastic. We had originally thought to put the glass on the bottom and use just 3 or 4 rows of it, but then we started playing around with it and totally changed our minds. By 7:30 or so tonight we had this. (Sorry for the bad pictures but it was dark and the flash and the lights distorted the colors, the actual color of the counter top is what it looks like in the before pictures. I'll try to get some more tomorrow in the daylight.)

DSCN1444 DSCN1443 DSCN1441 DSCN1442

It's still not done. I have to tile all around the window, put in the window sill and also grout the tile. Plus I need to find covers for the plug and light fixtures. I know I've seen ones that are "glass" so that's what I want to use. I think it will end up looking really great. Plus we're going to finish the top and the bottom with quarter round since there's a bit of a gap between the wall and the counter top. I'll take more pictures when I get more done. Hopefully not in another 2 years!

Last night I finished a small ornament that's been in my bag for awhile. Just a cute freebie that I received as a kit during one of the Ornament exchanges.
DSCN1434

I felt like stitching some more last night so I pulled out my Christmas Fairy and went back to work on it. As of last night she looked like this...

Christmas Fairy as of 10/22/2010

One final picture of our fireplace all decked out for fall.

DSCN1431

A little bit of everything, but it covers the entire season.

3 comments:

  1. You've been really busy! Our house didn't get all fall decorations this year. I guess I still have time to fix that.

    Love the backsplash! We need a full kitchen remodel and I'm not looking forward to it. Kudos to you for doing it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorations, Teresa! I have resisted pulling out the Halloween decorations since ours are mostly from when the kids were younger (and thus are more childish). Your backsplash is GORGEOUS!!! Oh my gosh--fantastic. I'd love something like that in our house. Beautiful stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy!! The backsplash looks great and so does your stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...