Sunday, March 21, 2010

Something Different

In my last post I showed you this...
But I wasn't feeling "the lurve" and so last Saturday I ripped it all out and decided to work the yarn in a new pattern. I decided on Butterfly Shawl (yep that's a Ravelry link so if you knit or crochet you shouldn't have a problem). Now I'm feeling the lurve! I love this new pattern and have about 14" done. Here's a little glimpse of how it looks now.
DSCN1092

I think that the yarn really shines through on this one. Oh the yarn is from Twisted Fiber and I love the colors! It was a gift from someone who apparently really likes me. I don't know who sent it, but I do know I love it and will love this shawl.

Yesterday was the first day of spring and also Midnight Knit at my LYS. We did something special and handpainted yarn. I decided to use Cascade Heritage sock yarn and loved thinking about what colors I wanted to work with. I decided on teal, lime green and fuchsia. Not my normal colors but sounded like spring. Here's what I ended up with

I call is "Bunny on Tequila"

I started a new project yesterday. A friend wants a mobius scarf like one of mine so she decided on yarn and I'm knitting it for her. No pictures yet, but it's in blues. 

Tonight after dinner I finally got the Wii Balance Board hooked up and started using it. I tried some Yoga, some Strength training, some Aerobics and even some Balance training. I'm hoping that I can meet the goal I set today. Check back in 2 weeks to see if I manage to meet it.

I think that's about all that's been going on. Hope everyone has a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Shawl is beautiful! You must bring it when you visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten so much done I had not realized that you JUST ripped it out and started over!

    My yarn is drying but I'm really happy with it too! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in bith yarns. The butterfly shawl will look amazing in that blue!

    Bunny on Tequila? the name is hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunny on Tequila...ROTFL!!!!!

    That shawl is going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors in that yarn are PERFECT. :D It looks soft, fuzzy, comfy and happy bright! <3 Total love! And whoever gifted you that yarn loves you indeed. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...