Saturday, March 13, 2010

I've been kinda busy

That's my excuse for not blogging lately. To prove it I have a few pictures to show what I've been doing.

First a finish that's been a long time coming.

It's called Traditional Elegance II and as far as I can tell it's no longer in print. It's done in all silks, Wildflowers and soie d'Alger and the gold is Japan thread with a few gold beads thrown in. I don't want to think about how long this took me to finish, but it's been a few years. I actually got everything but the Japan thread and beads in last year and have been slowly working on that part. 

There are three couples at church having babies. I decided to do a little knitting for them. I have one sweater done for one of them, and finished this for another that is due in June.

I love the detail on this one and the pattern is very simple. Plus it was raglan top down so no real seaming! Not to wait and find out if the baby is a girl or a boy so I can put buttons on it.

I also started a new hat for myself. I'm using yarn from my stash, so I feel good about that. Plus it's in fingering weight, so I might get to wear it in April at Stitches South if the weather is cool...and I finish it.

I took this picture the other night, I'm actually a little further along and switched to the larger needles and added stitches to make the poofy part that I love about this one. It looks very much like a Monet painting I think.

Finally I've been trying to work on my Sapphire Nelly. It seems I put in 10 rows and take out 5. Still it's getting a little larger, very slowly.

Plus there's been some actual going to work happening. Not to mention since my current contract ends at the end of the month I've been talking to headhunters and getting my resume out and even had an interview. I've also been reading. Thought I'd reread Emma and am taking my time with it so I can really enjoy it. It's been awhile since I've read it and am discovering some parts I didn't remember. I'm also doing some reading for church and some fun reading.

I think spring might even been here soon, so I've got to find the energy to get things ready to plant my tomatoes and peppers and the like soon. Need to get some herbs too. Maybe plant some oregano with my tomatoes. Yummy.

Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. Sampler is gorgeous!! Are we gonna hunt for a frame while you're here??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sampler really finished up beautifully! Did you start something new to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sampler is gorgeous!!

    And that will be a lucky baby!

    I won't be able to put tomatoes out for another 9-10 weeks :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sampler is gorgeous, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your wonderful finish Teresa! It is a beauty and a timeless piece for sure! your knitting projects on the go all look interesting and I love the "monet" hat. Not spring yet by the looks of things out the door - dreary - wet - cool but it suits me fine! take care and good luck with the interviews Mel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...