Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's called a "Happy Dance"!!!

Finally, some eye candy around this place. I know, I know, it's been fairly boring what with no blog and when there was a blog not much on the picture front. I'm trying to do better, but there's this whole thing about actually getting things finished that's a problem. However, I managed to fix that this week by picking up a piece that I had framed and finishing another piece.

First, the one I had framed. This was the commemorative sampler from the now defunct "Spirit of Cross Stitch". If you look I started this around 1995, ok, in 1995. You'll notice I actually finished it last year in 2008. I'm not to proud to point out the fact that it took me 13 years to finish this lovely sampler. I can deal with the fact that I'm easily distracted by new samplers, or beads, or yarn, or anything sparkly. I am well aware of my issues, and I know they are many. But you see, I'm really proud of finishing this. The quote is one of my favorites, because I believe it's true. I also believe more of us need to believe that quote and start believing in our own dreams and going about making those dreams come true, but that's a subject for another post. It's not hanging up yet, but it's going to hang on the wall above this table, so I thought I'd take the picture here. I'm going to move some things around in what is supposed to be the living room, but is really "the room where my piano that I rarely play lives".

The second piece of eye candy is the actual finish from this week. I finished during the Daytona 500. I realize that my ability to stitch during "The All-American Race", which this year was more build-up then race, could be construed as a bit odd, but hey, that's me.
Here I give you "Little Green Acorns", designed by Eileen Bennett of The Sampler House. This was also a class piece from A Stitchers' Gathering in Oct. 2007. Not bad, just about 1 year and 3 1/2 months or so. That's not quite a record, but still not bad for me. This was a great piece to work on and I adore the colors. It was hard to get a good picture because it's not stretched and I had it on roller bars so it wants to roll back on itself. There are plenty of great specialty stitches, including a fair amount of colonial knots. I'm pretty sure I ended up doing them more as Moss knots, but that's just between you and me. Either way, it does look great. (For those who want to scrutinize my stitches and see if my threads lay side by side, you do know you can click on the picture and see it much larger. I mean MUCH LARGER.) I can't wait to take it to my framers and see what they suggest for framing.

That's it for the eye candy today, although in my way of thinking that's plenty. I don't want you folks to get used to having lots to look at around here. That might cause all kinds of craziness.

For those who were wondering, I still haven't seen the Rheumatologist. That doesn't happen until a week from today. Believe me, I'm in major countdown mode for that one. I've had some bad days the last couple of weeks and I am anxious to hear what she will say about treatment options.

Finally, I my heart is heavy tonight for my DF Jean and her husband Richard. Today their very special daschund, Oscar, crossed over the rainbow bridge and went to play where all dogs go in time. I know neither of them were ready for this day. None of us ever are ready to loose someone we love no matter how much we think we might be prepared. I also know that Oscar was a very lucky hound to have spent his life with these two wonderful people. He will be not be forgotten, either by them, or by those of us lucky enough to have been greeted at his home by "His Royal Lowness". Oscar, your loyal subjects hearts are heavy tonight, but we know you're enjoying all the chicken nuggets you can eat where you are now.

5 comments:

  1. Those are both beautiful!! I would never have the patience to get far on one of those. ( I started a 3"x5" of 3 pigheads in hats, saying something like lord if I can't be skinny give me friends that are fat too or something of that nature. I didn't even get one pig hat done and I have no idea where it is now - so 13 years looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Oscar would thank his Aunt Teresa for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Comm piece is beautiful - I love that piece. And congrats on Little Green Acorns! I don't know what you're going to be obsessed with now that it's complete. Oscar was lucky to have so much love from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both gorgeous, congrats!!! I'm emailing you shortly 'bout O-town....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, they are both gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...