Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Work leads to Stash

I had to go to Atlanta last week for work meetings. Honestly, you don't want to hear about them. I'll just say that on the whole, they were productive and move to what you really want to see and hear about....new stash!

I had to stop by my favorite needlepoint shop In Stitches to pick up a canvas I had ordered and the next in a series of small canvases they had for me. The canvas was the first to be found and brought out. I had ordered this after seeing one in the shop that is similar, only the bunny is pink and sitting. Blue is more my color and I can't wait to figure out how to stitch this one. I'll be saving it for a class sometime later this year.
Isn't it adorable?!?!?!? The gold is a bit sparkly, which is really cool. No idea how I'd finish it were I to ever get it stitched, but I'm sure I have plenty of time to figure it out.

While I was waiting for someone to find my tree canvas I got to looking at the table full of canvases from two, yes TWO trunk shows. I found two Raymond Crawford canvases I really liked. One is a small state canvas for Florida...
Very bright and has lots of potential for sparkly goodness.

I don't have any Thanksgiving canvases, so I decided on Give Thanks and found threads that I liked to be able to start it at some point soon.
I'm going to do some thinking and digging in some stitch books before I do anything. Try to figure out what fun stitches I should use.

Finally I found a cute insert for one of the luggage tags so I went ahead and got that as well.
I'll stitch my initial in the center and then it can be put in the tag that I bought but forgot to take a photo of.

The rest of my stash enhancement consisted of buying some stretcher bars that I needed. And I might have had them order me another canvas that will hopefully be there when I go back to Atlanta next month. All in all a fruitful and fun trip after  a week of work. I mean, I earned it right??




5 comments:

  1. Of COURSE you earned it! That and more! :)

    I really like the give Thanks canvas and the fiber you've selected will look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think of the increased damage you could have done if I could have gotten to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That store is dangerous! I can attest that the bunny is super-cute. I forgot to tell you I think it's kind of hilarious that you had to come to the ATL to get a Florida canvas. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice canvases. Glad you had time for some fun while you where in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...