Monday, September 13, 2010

Ria Made Me!

My friend Ria tagged from her friend Thom at Thom's Place  with this. I answer these 8 questions and then tag 8 others. Thom is running a contest  on his blog with a $20 gift card to any online store that has gift cards. To play, and win, you have to be tagged, answer the questions and then go over to his blog and guess how many people will do the same by Wed, Sept. 15th. I decided to play, wonder who else will


My answers:
1. Why did you start blogging? 
I started blogging to quiet my inner writer. Really, that's why. One of my dreams has always been to write a book. So instead of doing that I decided to write in a blog. You'd think from the fact that I haven't been very good at keeping up with this blog my inner writer is not that loud. That is not the case. She's still very loud, I've just learned how to ignore her as the years go on. Maybe I'll start listening again and either work on this blog more often, or actually start writing a book. (And yes, I have a couple of ideas I just need to work them through.) 
 
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world with no restriction of costs, where would it be and why?
Wait, do I have to pick one place? Are you kidding? If I had no cost restrictions I'd travel to all kinds of places. I'd go back to places I lived and traveled in when I was a child so that would take care of England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, Spain, Holland. Since I'd be in the vicinity I'd have to add in Ireland, Brussels, all of Scandinavia, Germany, Portugal, Austria, Greece. Then of course there's the old Soviet bloc countries that have so many different interesting places and architecture. I'd pick and choose in there but certainly Moscow, St. Petersburg, Budapest then down in to Romainia. Then I'd have to head into places like Turkey, parts of Africa, go back to Egypt and see Alexandria, Luxor and the Valley of the Kings and return to Cairo to spend some more time at the museum since we didn't get as much time there as I would like. Also I'd go back to Israel and go to Elat and spend a day or two there among other places. Head over to Jordan, maybe look up and old college friend from my High Point days, plus there's Petra and Madaba to see among other things. Then it's off to the Far East: China, Japan, Hong Kong, Tibet, Singapore, and some other places including Bali. Then Australia and New Zealand. Do you get the picture with this list off the top of my head? It would take me years to do everything I would want to do and see. I've dreamed of seeing the ancient ruins in Greece and Rome for ages, plus Crete, ever since I took all those Ancient Greek Art & Architecture classes in college. (Yes, I was a business major, but hey a girl has to have some fun classes too!)  There are just so many wonderful things to see and do that I would have a hard time picking just one. And you said there were unlimited funds!
 
3. Did you have a teacher in school that had a great influence on your life? If so, what?
 I've had several teachers who influenced me, but none to the point that I could say steered me exactly to where I am in my life today work wise. I had several teachers who encouraged my love of reading and history, especially Mrs. Bowles and Mrs. Ellis. I had both of them all through high school for English/Lit. and Humanities. They both taught me a great deal about literature and writing that I still think about today. Both encouraged all of us to take time to read and learn about more then where we were right now. That's a lesson that has absolutely stayed with me over the years.
 

4. If you could spend the day with a famous person, who would it be, and what would you do?
I hate this question because there are so many people I'd want to meet, but I'm going to go with Jane Austen today. I'd love to spend a day just talking to her about her characters. What they meant to her. Where she found her inspiration for them and how she viewed her own life. Share a cup of tea or two with her and mainly just spend a day doing what she did in a normal day.
 

5. Toilet paper – over or under?
I'm an over person myself, but I'm not fanatical about it.
 

6. Name one thing in your life that you would do over if possible.
I'd go straight to get my masters, probably straight to law school. Wait, back up. I might even go back and not transfer to FSU from High Point and finish my degrees there, then go on to law school, then maybe go to get my PhD. Not take a break just do that. 
But in reality, I'd probably make the same decisions I made before. 
 

7. Tell about your pets – if any.
I have parents instead of pets. They don't have vet bills, and they do talk back to you instead of just listening, but I still love them!
 

8. Do you live in a small town or a large town. (You don’t have to name the town.)
I live in the suburb of the largest land-mass city in the US. That just means that I have the benefits of a large town (pro football, semi-pro baseball, concerts, symphony, Broadway road shows, excellent restaurant choices, museums) AND I live in the small town that I basically grew up in where I can still go to my high school's football games on Friday night and see people I've known almost my entire life. And I can live in a house on 2 1/2 acres instead of right on top of my neighbors. It does mean I have to drive a bit to get to most anywhere I want to go, but that's ok, I don't usually mind.
 
I hope I've given you all enough time to participate. I'm pretty sure you all ready my blog fairly often and these really weren't hard questions.



Now for my  victims
 Jackie - Jackie's Stitches
Jean - Baa Baa Knit Stitch
Grant - Mostly Harmless
Jeanine - Sleepy Weasel Studio (long time since she's posted)
Heather - It's Geek to Me
Karoline - Karoline's Corner
Melody - Wooly Thoughts
Susan - A Work in Progress
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...