Thursday, February 11, 2010

Really....I'm alive

I know there must have been some discussion, but I'm here to put that to rest...I'm alive, and I escaped the kidnappers so don't send that ransom you were asked for. Seriously, I've been a very bad blogger and haven't kept you all up to date on what's happening in my life. So, I'm going to try and quickly bring you up to date and then try very hard to blog more then once every 6 months.

First, I got a contract job and that seems to have taken up more of my time then I'd like. Maybe time isn't the right word, maybe energy is. I'm coming to realize that the RA doesn't always allow me the same energy level that I think I have. So some things fall by the wayside. However, I've loved working at this job and was excited when my contract was extended to the end of March. Of course that means I now have to start looking for the next job, but that's ok too.

Since my last post I've seen
With my friend Kathe. We had a blast! What a great show.

I've managed to finish a few knitting projects, including a cute beret that I wore to work yesterday but that I don't have pictures of it yet. I also finished a stole/scarf and no there aren't any pictures of that. I've been working on a "super secret project" for about 2 weeks now. It's coming along, but slower then I had hoped it would.

As usual I went to hang out with my friends at a stitching retreat in October. We were back in Hilton Head again and had a great time together. One of the classes we were supposed to learn how to make scrimshaw. I learned that I'm not going to be making much of it myself and that I now appreciate the cost much more. While there my DF Heather helped me do the finishing for Halloween Fairy. Isn't she pretty?

Christmas was our usual decorating craziness with our open house on Christmas Eve thrown in. Then Christmas Day we went down to the church to have dinner with at the community dinner and hang out with everyone down there.

New Year's Day found me down at the Gator Bowl to say farewell to my beloved Coach Bowden. We had a great time and I admit I got teary eyed several times. The city did a fantastic job of sending him off in style. AND the team pulled together and got a win over WVU.Did I mention it was cold and rainy that day? It was, but we bundled up and had fun. I even managed to wear a new hat I'd knitted that week AND my HP/FSU scarf. (Jill & I above at the game.)

In January I took a trip up to Atlanta to spend time with my friend Jean (a.k.a. Doxietrek) for her birthday. It snowed, and more importantly the roads iced up so we spent a couple of days just hanging at her house. Our friend Ann had come in from TN so we stitched, knit and played some Wii games. Apparently it was news to Jean that I'm a tad bit competitive. But it did let me figure out that I like the Wii, so when I got home I ordered one as a late Christmas present. Having fun with it.

That's about covers the high points. I'll leave you with a gratuitous picture of my fireplace this Christmas. Had to put new lights on the garland and went with LEDs. Love the way they look, especially with the flowers I used.

6 comments:

  1. Purdy! That's for your mantel (don't you love those leds?) hat, scarf - very smart of you going to a college that would match your future Hogwarts colors, and the faerie is amazing. As for Brad... all I can say is .... slurp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see a post from you...I hope to see the real you soon...very soon?!

    Your Christmas decorations are stunning and you are the only person I've ever known that had 2 trees in one room!

    The scarf and hat are cute and I just love the picture of you and Jill together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I was at that game too! And I like that scarf too. I just don't see myself knitting one anytime soon. I have too many other projects on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back, even if you are a FSU fan (We're huge 'Canes fans--figured if we paid all that money for our son's tuition at UM, we should enjoy the team). Hope that you'll be able to post more often as I love to see your knitted projects and hear what you're reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa - don't know how I missed your reentry to blog land LOL - nice to see the photos and love your mantel - Hope I get to see you again one day soon. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've been busy, good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...