Monday, May 2, 2011

Books and a Contest

A Morbid Taste for Bones (Chronicles of Brother Cadfael, #1)A Morbid Taste for Bones by Ellis Peters

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'd heard about this series for years and finally decided to look for a copy of the first in the series. Thankfully I found one at a local used book store and I'll be looking for the rest. Brother Cadfael is a wonderfully written character, not to mention the story is good. The good brothers of Shrewsbury Abbey are off to obtain the bones of St. Winifred from her resting spot in Wales and the adventure is on. Brother Cadfael came late to the monastic life, but the lessons learned prior come in handy to help solve the mystery of who shot Rhisiart, the prominent landowner and vocal opponent to the moving of St. Winifred's bones. A short book, but a great read. I can't wait to hunt down the rest in the series.


________________________
And now for the contest. The ever wonderful Edgar is celebrating his 4th Blogiversary with a give away. Even if you don't want to enter you should take yourself over to his blog (Blacksheep's bit of the web)  and view the beautiful stitching. I also look forward to his estate sale finds and info on great movies, oh and the occasional baked treat is always nice too! 

I'm sorry I haven't posted pictures of any stitching lately. This week was the first at my new contract job and it's been busy from the beginning. Nothing like diving in and going straight to work. That also means by the time I'm done in the evenings I really haven't felt like doing much of anything. I have managed to knit on the surprise gift I'm making but that's about all. Tomorrow is Sampler Guild so I promise I'll stitch and make some pictures!

Tonight some friends are throwing a dinner party for my parents to celebrate their anniversary. Even though it was almost 2 months ago, they decided to have a get together and celebrate now that my mom is feeling a bit more herself. They are all close to my parents and I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time together tonight, as we usually do. I might have some pictures from that as well.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening and enjoy some fiber goodness!

___________________

I thought this would publish Friday night, and it didn't, so I'm going to let you in on another contest. Deborah over on Cranberry Samplings is having a give away. So click the link and see if you want to put your name in the hat.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you might also enjoy the TV series Cadfael from the 90's..? Derek Jacobi took the lead and I think it was made by Granada for the ITV network. Used to love tuning in for each episode. All four series should be available on DVD and download.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting a new job is always fun, cause at first, it's all new and different. I hope you're enjoying yours. Maybe you should save crafting for the weekends for a while, till you get used to things as they are now. Good luck, and I hope you had a good time at the get together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried those books, either. I'll have to look into them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series from Ellis Peters!
    Hope that your new job is going well and that you have time to stitch, read and enjoy the summer weather!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...