Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Blog Award



Not sure I deserve an award for my blog lately since it's been so sporadic, but my friend Ria over at "Short Attention Span Theater" thought I did last month. How she manages to blog most every day while raising an amazing daughter, working and being married is beyond me. She makes me tired just thinking about it. I met Ria online because we both knit and like NASCAR, which obviously makes her a very wonderful person so go check out her blog. I have to say though we've never met IRL, I just know she's all kinds of awesome, and not just because I'm fairly certain she laughs at my snarky remarks when we're on a chat during a NASCAR race.

The rules of the award are as follows: (oh and let me point out for the non-USA bloggers who I'll be naming you have to read this in your best Scarlett O'Hara or Rhett Butler voice. Carry on.)

Pam says:
“In my best southern accent, I would like to say that I have been thinking about a new award and what I would like it to say. People are like Forrest Gump said ” Life is like a box of chocolates and you never know what you’re gonna get.

You can see this box of chocolates is filled with different and unique candies and just like the chocolates we are all different and unique people. We are the same in that we all have common ingredients that make us more a like than not. Except for the frosting, which represents our personalities, we are indeed very similar on the inside.”

And of course there are rules:
1. That you must pass this award to others.

2. Link back to me when you have passed them forward.

3. Write a nice post about this award.

4. You must read this award with a southern accent. I call it southern day where we all have to speak with a southern accent. I know that will be hard for some of you, but for the rest of us, we will be fine. So now, ya’ll just enjoy this little ol’ award and have fun with it.

5. And of course let your folks know that they have a nice award waiting for them.


So who get's the box of chocolate next?

Jill at Stash Collector (maybe she'll post now too!)

Heather at It's Geek to Me (a.k.a. "The Magic that is Heather")

Jackie at Jackie's Stitches (because I just taught her to stitch on linen and she's amazing!)

Grant at Mostly Harmless (because how else would I see lovely pics of England and keep up with the Reading soccer...I mean football scores? oh and I shouldn't forget the lovely pottery.)

Karoline at Karoline's Corner (because she has amazing stitching and the every lovely Rosie, oh and more lovely shots of the UK.)

Siobhan at Notes from Blue Hen Hollow (of the prolific and beautiful samplers and who I hope one day to visit in Ireland when I go to see where my Sullivan family ties came from.)

Melody at Wooley Thoughts (whom I stitch and knit with IRL and who's rugs I think are magnificent)

I hope everyone enjoys their box of chocolates as much as I enjoy seeing a little bit of their world in their blogs. (BTW, I changed the picture of the box of chocolates because...well I don't know why. This picture of the chocolates is from this company in the UK. Sometimes I just drool over what they have on their website. I'm thinking it would be worth the trip.)

3 comments:

  1. (sob sob) This is so unexpected! I'd just like to thank the cast and production cre.. oh it's a different award?!? :-)

    So anyway thank you for the virtual chocs. You do realise that company is about 20 mins from me? Maybe I should go check them out and treat myself...

    Nice to have you blogging again. Don't leave it too long til the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! Thanks for the awards and the chocolates, Teresa! Yumm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Teresa - thanks for the kind comments about my rugs - I hope to see you soon for stitching - thanks for the yummy chocolates - I don't have to share them do I ????

    Hugs Mel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...