Monday, June 1, 2009

A Start & A Finish

First the start.

On Saturday I "taught" a class using the great Ann Norling pattern "The Perfect Tee". This is a great pattern because it has a wide range of sizes and gives you instructions for making the shirt in several different gauges. I decided to make something for my mom so I went with a pretty purple/lavender ribbon yarn from Berroco. We started with the sleeves, so that people would get through their border pattern before they left the class. I've worked on it a bit each day since and here's what I have so far.


I really do love how it's looking, but it's a little fiddly, as I was telling one of my on-line friends earlier. this color will look amazing on my beautiful mother, very much her color. Would be awesome if I could finish it for our family reunion at the end of June. Not sure that can be done, but I can sure try.

Now the finish.

For those who don't know, I also do some beading. I've been known to make a necklace or bracelet in my time. I haven't done much in while, but I've had something laid out on my beading board for months, maybe close to a year. I couldn't get it to look the way I saw it in my head. The other night I sat down with it again and it just clicked...right to the point where I didn't have a clasp that was heavy enough to hold. That meant a trip to get some, which worked out well and today I sat down and finished it. Ta da...


I wish I remembered where I picked up the main piece of dichroic glass but when I got it I knew it was perfect for my mom. It's got lots of other glass and crystal beads. She's tried it on and it looks lovely on her.

In other news, I made a salad today and used the tomatoes and one of the bell peppers I picked last evening. Made a great balsamic vinaigrette with some oregano also from my containers garden. Added in some goat cheese and a little ham...yummy goodness and healthy!

3 comments:

  1. Both the Tee and the necklace will look wonderful on your lovely mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must post a picture of your mom when she wears them!!

    I looked at my tomato plants but apparently can't will them into going faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice new start and the necklace is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...