Monday, December 31, 2012

Going out with a Wave

I'm sure most everyone has given up on me ever posting to my blog again. I'll just say it's been a tough year. For those who don't know me IRL I had to have some major surgery this year. Things started taking a bad turn in January and weren't great until the surgery in August. The 3-4 week recovery time stretched to 7 weeks out of work. Thankfully I started a new job in March with a great company, working for a great boss who understood what was going on. Then a week after I was back at work my dad had to have a pacemaker put in. The good news is I think we've all settled down into a somewhat normal routine now.

I might have been sick, but I still managed to stitch and knit some. I've got some pictures to regale you with a little later, not all at once. I mean, I wouldn't want to overwhelm you or anything now would I? Well that and I need to break out the camera and take some actual photos! My DF Jackie was over Friday stitching and watching season 1 of Sherlock with me and she saw some of my goodies all finished. She insisted I needed to get back to my blog and since I promised her, and DF Heather I would...and because I have a finish to share, today was as good as tomorrow to start back.

Oh, the finish? You want to see? Well the picture isn't fab, I took it with my phone, but you'll get the idea.

Long May She Wave
It's the completed stitching for Long May She Wave (now you get the title right?) by Ellen Chester. Ellen came to our duClay EGA Chapter earlier this year and taught this lovely piece. I can't believe I actually finished the stitching. I even went today to find the thread and other things I'll need to do the actual finishing. I had hoped to get started on it this evening, but I'm a little too tired to manage that. I'll try and work on it tomorrow. I'm very excited to get this accomplished as Ellen is headed back to Jacksonville to teach another class for us in 2013. I'm all signed up and it will be a first for me to finish one of the classes I've taken from her.

I'll be posting some other pictures and some musings soon. There's lots going on my my stitching/knitting/needlepoint life. Our EGA chapter decided on a great SAL for this year, Drawn Thread's Toccata #1. We're also doing a challenge to help those of us with issues completing things. We'll see if it helps me or not. Plus I've been making some progress on other classes I took last year and the monthly clubs I joined. Oh and there's Theme-A-Licious over on Heather's blog. I mean, I can't resist with the chance to post this banner at least a couple of times a month...


I'm a sucker for anything with Mr. Tennant in it. And I like the themes too. 

So please come back and stay tuned. I'm getting back into the swing of things, catching up on my favorite blogs and hopefully things will stay sane, or at least what passes for sane in my life!

9 comments:

  1. Theresa, it's good to see you posting again. Glad your health has improved and that your father is doing better as well. Your Ellen Chester piece is beautiful. Our guild had that class in April, but I wasn't able to attend. Quite a few people have it finished and assembled. It's always my goal to finish a class piece within a year, but you know what they say about good intentions! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see a post from you! I am glad that you are doing better and I am looking forward to seeing more updates in 2013.
    Long May She Wave looks great.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long May She Wave looks fantastic!!! So glad to see you post again. You have some good stuff to share! And of course, you know I'm thrilled that you're back in good health....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what happened. You already had that date stitched in, so you had to finish it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you till exist ;P I have sucked majorly at blogging this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Theresa.

    So sorry to learn that 2012 was not a good year for you health-wise. I hope 2013 is much better. I assume being the good southern gal you are that you will be eating black-eyed peas today.

    Please send me photos once Long May She Wave is finished so I can show them on my blog.

    Looking forward to seeing you in March.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful finish, Teresa. Now it just needs to be finish-finished :))) I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    Hopefully the new year will be a lot etter for you. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your finish Teresa - that is quite a dramatic end to 2012 ! Let's hope and pray that 2013 will be a much better year for you. As busy as we'll be we all need to stay healthy and productive. Cheers and happy new year to the folks - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you post Teresa, hope you have a better 2013

    Your finish is great, looking forward to seeing it finished

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...